We work to create better places for people and wildlife, and support sustainable development. EA is an executive non-departmental public body, sponsored by the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs.
Within England we’re responsible for:
- regulating major industry and waste
- treatment of contaminated land
- water quality and resources
- inland river, estuary and harbour navigations
- conservation and ecology
- We are also responsible for managing the risk of flooding from main rivers, reservoirs, estuaries and the sea.