APRES (Action Programme on Responsible Sourcing)
The aim of APRES is to develop an action programme to deliver responsible sourcing in the UK construction industry.
The APRES network will act as a new community 'centre' for knowledge-sharing and dissemination of RS practices, forging new research ideas and relationships and providing guidance direct to the industry. The specific objectives are to:
- explore in depth the challenges involved in delivering responsible sourcing, with a view to developing a coordinated action programme;
- establish and sustain an enthusiastic membership base for the network such that it becomes known as a well-established community of practice;
- map the industry's skills and knowledge needs through workshops on context, market, and technology challenges;
- define academic research and development directions and improve the quality of research interaction between academics and industry;
- identify and disseminate outcomes and best practice to the industry and others, via the website, email and themed events;
- provide an open and impartial discussion forum for the construction industry and its customers, academics, government, professional bodies, trade associations and standard-setting bodies – anyone with an interest in RS will be encouraged to participate.
Between 2010 and 2013, the APRES network will host three major conferences and deliver a Visioning Report for responsible sourcing in the UK construction industry.