Case study: Miller Homes - ESOS compliance
Carbon Trust helped Miller Homes prepare for the new ESOS legislation, advising on a selection of bespoke compliance options to identify cost saving opportunities
10,000 UK organisations are expected to be required to comply with the UK Energy Saving Opportunity Scheme (ESOS). The Carbon Trust has been supporting companies from a wide range of business sectors to:
• understand their obligations under ESOS
• explain their options for compliance
• determine their optimal compliance route (time ‘v’ cost ‘v’ benefits)
• conduct ESOS compliant energy audits, including transport audits
• prepare their ESOS evidence pack
• support their compliance notification to the Environment Agency
Carbon Trust developed a bespoke ‘gap analysis’ workshop to advise leading housebuilder, Miller Homes, on steps required for compliance and establishing an operational boundary. We also advised on the readiness of the organisation's data, audit strategy and budget requirements.
Through some desktop analysis and a workshop, we produced a presentation detailing a recommended ESOS compliance approach for Miller Homes developing an audit strategy that was >10% cheaper than provisionally estimated.