PD 156865:2008 Standardized method of life cycle costing for construction procurement. A supplement to BS ISO 15686-5. Buildings and constructed assets. Service life planning. Life cycle costing
A supplement to the first international standard on life cycle costing, BS ISO 15686-5:2008 Buildings and constructed assets. Service-life planning. Life cycle costing.
Standardized Method of Life Cycle Costing for Construction Procurement brings together BS ISO 15686-5 and the BCIS Standard Form of Capital Cost Analysis (SFCA) along with industry recognized occupancy cost codes, and will provide you with:
• A standardized method of life cycle costing, applicable to the UK construction industry and to the key stages of the procurement process.
• An industry accepted methodology to facilitate a more accurate, consistent and robust application of life cycle costing estimation and option appraisals.
• A more effective and robust basis for life cycle cost analysis and benchmarking.
• Practical guidance, instructions and definitions, together with informative worked examples on how to undertake life cycle costing for construction.
• Process maps to help you to plan, generate, interpret and present your results for a variety of different purposes and levels of life cycle cost planning.
• Instructions on how to define your client’s specific requirements for life cycle costing along with the required outputs and forms of reporting, and help you to decide which method of economic evaluation to apply.
NB: This resource is hosted on a subscription-based website.