Global Reporting Initiative - Construction and Real Estate Sector Supplement (CRESS)
The GRI Construction and Real Estate Sector Supplement (CRESS) GRI provides sector guidance for all reporting organizations in the construction and real estate sector, enabling them to measure and report their sustainability performance.
GRI CRESS provides organizations in the sector with a tailored version of GRI’s G3.1 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines. It includes the original Guidelines and additional commentaries and Performance Indicators, developed especially for the sector which captures the issues that matter most for construction and real estate companies.
The Construction and Real Estate Sector Supplement covers key sector-specific issues, including:
• Product and service labelling, including building and materials certification
• Building energy intensity
• Water intensity
• GHG emissions relating to buildings in use
• Management and remediation of contaminated land
• Labour health and safety topics
• Resettlement of local communities
• Contractor and subcontractor labour issues